(Artwork care of Karen Ramsay (www.karenramsay.com), profile photo care of brianlackeyphotography.com)

Monday, July 2, 2012

Front Range - Recommended shows, 7/2

I was planning to catch Jake Shimabukuru at Mishawaka next Sunday, but that show was cancelled because of the High Park fire. Aside from that, I'll throw in a brief recommendation to catch my band at Equinox Brewing in Ft. Collins on Tuesday, July 3.

Otherwise, here are the hot shows for the week:

3 July (Moe's Original Bar B Que, Englewood CO)
4 July (Aggie Theatre, Ft. Collins CO)
Dick Dale

Dick Dale is more than just a guitarist. More even than the guitarist that provided Miserlou for the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. No, even at 75, the King of Surf Guitar is a force of nature. He's touring again with his son Jimmy on drums. I've seen him several times, but I'll be bringing my son out to see a master perform music that's still relevant and moving.

Note: the Aggie is cramming in two shows. Dick Dale is the early show, with doors at 6pm and Lucero is playing a later show at 10pm.

5 July (Hi-Dive, Denver CO)
Bad Weather California


I last saw Bad Weather California opening for Akron/Family last year. I enjoyed their garage rock sound, especially their punk energy and Adam Baumeister's slide work. This is a CD release party for their new album, Holophrase. Wire Faces (who opened for El Ten Eleven earlier this year) are opening, presumably with the same mad drumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment