(Artwork care of Karen Ramsay (www.karenramsay.com), profile photo care of brianlackeyphotography.com)

Monday, April 8, 2013

Recommended shows 4/8


 Welcome back to my recommended shows post. I know you think I do this for you, but I really do it to keep myself in the loop!

11 April 2013
Larimer Lounge, Denver CO
The Lonely Forest

 Indie rock, power pop, and a few other surprises. The Lonely Forest has a broad base of genres to draw on. This should be a great show; the Larimer Lounge is the perfect intimate venue.

12 April 2013
Cervantes Masterpiece, Denver CO
The Greyboy Allstars

It's a simple rule. If you have the chance to see Karl Denson in one of his band incarnations, do not hesitate. The Greyboy Allstars' funk and jazz are unparalleled and with a new album due to drop within the weak, it's a good bet they'll have some hot new songs. Denson is a phenomenal player and this band measures up to his high standards.

12 April 2013
Gothic Theatre, Denver CO
Soilwork

Melodic Swedish death metal? Well. what I've heard so far from the new album, The Living Infinite, is more in the melodic camp as the band has grown beyond their growling roots. But driving beats and headbanging shred will be welcome. My son and I are looking forward to the show and hearing more of Soilwork's new material.

12 April 2013
13 April 2013
Ogden Theatre, Denver CO
Rusko

Playful British dub step producer Rusko will be in residence at the Ogden Theatre for two nights of shows. Count on his hyper stage energy and solid grooves to kick the evenings into overdrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment