(Artwork care of Karen Ramsay (www.karenramsay.com), profile photo care of brianlackeyphotography.com)

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Front Range recommended shows, 4/29


A slow week, but there are still a couple of good options.

Wednesday, 1 May (Hi-Dive, Denver CO)
Har Mar Superstar

It's been a few years since I last saw Har Mar Superstar and I think I still carry the emotional baggage. But rather from damaging me, it's only made me stronger. His stunning deconstruction of pop R&B takes a joke too far, to the point of utter seriousness. You will be faced with a difficult dilemma: should you laugh your ass off or dance it off? Massive fun either way.

Sunday, 5 May (Gothic Theatre, Denver CO)
Devendra Banhart

Devendra Banhart may not quite be underground anymore, so call him a grass-roots sensation. His latest album Mala offers the kind of eclectic mix he's known for: heady pop-folk grooves and mellow romanticism from a world-wide perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment