(Artwork care of Karen Ramsay (www.karenramsay.com), profile photo care of brianlackeyphotography.com)

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Front Range recommended shows, 9/30

Only one show stood out to me this week. I'm sure there's other great music, but sometimes, it's harder to find.

Wednesday, 2 October (Aggie Theatre, Ft. Collins CO)
Thursday, 3 October (Cervantes Masterpiece, Denver CO)
Govinda

Govinda first caught my ear with his release, Universal On Switch (review). The insternational, world-tronica grooves were rich and exotic. I knew that Texas bills itself as a whole other country, but this Austin performer blew me away. His more recent release, 2012's Resonance (review),  continues his growth as both a producer and artist. It's not dub-step, but the bass-grind accents will please and hypnotic violin melodies will lead you to trance-ville.



No comments:

Post a Comment